Serial terminal emulator

fredex fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Wed Nov 24 23:41:38 UTC 2004

On Wed, Nov 24, 2004 at 09:07:56PM +0100, Jakub Roguski wrote:
> Hi all,
> I very often have to configure devices, which use serial port and null-modem
> cable for communication. I'm looking for the most comfortable solution of
> VT100 terminal emulator running over serial port on FC3. I tried minicom, but
> would like something easier to use. Any idea? Maybe a way to use linux
> terminal together with serial port? Or simple VT100 emulator using serial?

I seemto recall having found that PUTTY has a linux version. But whether
that is true or not, the linux console is more or less a superset of
vt100 (as long as you don't want the keys to work like vt100 keys),
and the xterm also works reasonably in lieu of vt100.

Fred

                    The Lord detests the way of the wicked