FC3 - Sound vanishes when loading XAWTV .

Brad Alpert balpert at fortbradford.com
Thu Nov 25 03:04:27 UTC 2004

Anybody seen this?

Strange problem.  Have NVIDIA GForce video card.  Running xawtv
(xawtv-3.94-1.1.fc3.rf) and kernel 2.6.9-1.681_FC3smp with SBlive sound
card and Hauppauge Win-TV pci tv card.

When loading xawtv, the line-in volume drops to zero and I have to run
aumix -L to reload the settings I had previously established.  One that
command is run, everything is fine until the next time xawtv gets
invoked.

Same thing on zapping.  But - tvtime works great, no problem at all.

What the heck??  Why does xawtv kill the line-in volume?

Thanks for any insight.

Brad