yum

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Thu Nov 25 15:28:55 UTC 2004

Paul Tomblin wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 08:35:44 -0500, Paul Tomblin <ptomblin at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>In the past, yum run out of /etc/cron.daily just spat out a line or
>>two if it had installed sometihng, and you got it in yoru cron.daily
>>email.  No muss, no fuss, no bother.  That seems a lot less error
>>prone than this trying to rearrange stuff in /etc/cron.daily so that
>>logwatch runs after the things you want to watch.

Come to think of it, logwatch is designed only to report on log entries for
"yesterday" by default, so the order of running things doesn't really matter.

See: /etc/log.d/conf/logwatch.conf

> Well, last night yum installled 4 packages (to do with selinux), and
> all I got in my cron.daily mail was:
>
> warning: /etc/selinux/targeted/booleans saved as
> /etc/selinux/targeted/booleans.rpmsave
>
> and there was NOTHING in my logwatch email about it.

If the packages are mentioned in /var/log/yum (and they should be) then that
would suggest a problem with logwatch rather than yum.

Paul.