prism Javelin/Xbow

Peter Lesterhuis peterlesterhuis at tiscali.nl
Thu Nov 25 15:27:03 UTC 2004

Hi list,
Recently I installed FC3 succesfully. But I don't have access to the
internet because of  driverproblems  for  my WLAN. The hardware browser
detects the adapter (Intersil Corporation ISL3886 (Prism Javelin/Prism
Xbow)  but when I try to make a  connection  with Internet Configuration
Wizard-wireless connection-... the adapter is not on the list of
available adapters.
I searched the prism54.org website and found out that "support for
Xbow/Javelin is yet to come".
Does anyone know an alternative? Linuxant? Is it worth trying an other
prism54 driver?
Thanks in advance.
Peter Lesterhuis (Netherlands).