FC2 locking up randomly

Tim Ballantine tim at nominis.net
Thu Nov 25 21:28:53 UTC 2004

>Hello Tim,
>
>It is pretty sure a hardware malfunction.
>
>I have several FC2 & FC3 x86 based boxes up & running well, and the only
>events that make it stop is due to RAM/MB/CPU/Coolers...etc not working
>ok. Last kernels, updated automatically with yum.
>
>Maybe you want to check RAM with memtest.
>

>best regards
>
>Teo Fonrouge

Hello,

I have just been told that the box was sitting pretty at the command prompt
and working ok. All cables were secure and after being rebooted, came back
to being net-aware. It's a tyan tomcat i875p motherboard and the network
adapter being used is the single 10/100 interface. Going by what I am being
told, I think this could be the interface either hardware of software failing.

Has anyone else had this kind of problem with an interface card/on-board
with either this motherboard or not?

Cheers,

Tim