Firewall on FC3

Lujan, Fernando lujanfernando at terra.com.br
Sat Nov 27 00:29:40 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-11-25 at 11:49 -0600, Terry Linhardt wrote:

> First of all, could you talk a bit about your goals? Do you want to
> build a firewall "appliance" that sits between your network and the
> outside world? All traffic to and from the Internet would have to pass
> through this machine. OR, do you want to put firewalling features on
> individual client machines that also run other applications?
>
> A firewall appliance can do a lot of nice things. You can control
> traffic in and out. You can select which ports to open or leave closed.
> You can do address translations, so the outside world can see only the
> IP address of your firewall machine.
>
> I would suggest FC3 will do firewalling quite nicely. But, as I said,
> first give us a bit more information as to what you are trying to
> accomplish.

Hi Terry,

I work in a company that uses a Firewall appliance, the box uses a flash
card with 64MB running Conectiva Linux 6.0 with a "really minimal
installation".

Can I install fedora in 64MB (just the kernel and iptables), since the
minimal instalation uses ~510MB?

--
Lujan, Fernando <lujanfernando at terra.com.br>