FC1 and 3CRWE154A72 wifi card

François Patte Francois.Patte at math-info.univ-paris5.fr
Fri Nov 26 08:41:26 UTC 2004

Selon "Scot L. Harris" <webid at cfl.rr.com>:

> On Tue, 2004-11-23 at 02:30, François Patte wrote:
> > Bonjour,
> >
> > I wanted to use a wifi card with FC1 a 3Com: 3CRWE15472, but there were a
> > mistake and I got a 3CRWE154A72
> >                             ^-----This "A" changes everything and the card
> > doesn't work with the prism54 driver. This is an Atheros chips.
> >
> > Does anybody knows if this card could work under FC1 (kernel
> > 2.4.22-1.2199.nptl).
> >
> > I cannot change it: I bought it in Paris and I'm currently in India!
>
> I think for atheros chip sets you want to look at the madwifi drivers.

This was the good solution: works perfectly!

the link: http://www.mattfoster.clara.co.uk/madwifi-faq.htm

is helpfull

Thanks to all have answer and merci to John Summerfield who must also know this
french word!

--
François Patte

Ecole française d'Extrême-Orient - Pune - Inde
Université René Descartes - Paris 5
UFR de mathématiques et informatique