FC3: does Apache-2.0.52 have LFS (large file support) built-in?

Patrick fedora at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Fri Nov 26 14:47:15 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-11-26 at 14:10 +0000, Joe Orton wrote:
[snip]
> Hacked up versions of 1.3 can serve >2Gb files, some people use that.
> If you build 2.0 with special compiler flags (-DFILE_OFFSET_BITS=64)
> that works too, modulo a few bugs - we can't do that in Fedora since it
> breaks the binary module interface.
[snip]
> We fixed it for httpd 2.1 and later, for which the first alpha release
> was made just last week.  So once httpd 2.2 is stable you'll see this
> working in Fedora Core - FC4 with some luck, FC5 without.

Thanks for the info. Do you know what exactly breaks? Will php,perl and
dav still work? I read [see url below] that it takes more flags like
-DRECORD_FORWARD -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE and -DLFS. Is -DFILE_OFFSET_BITS=64
really enough to enable LFS on 2.0.52 on FC3?

Regards,
Patrick

http://lists.humbug.org.au/archives/general/2004-May/023893.html