[FC3] Sound drivers on a Compaq Deskpro?

Wayne Leutwyler wayne-leutwyler at columbus.rr.com
Fri Nov 26 20:18:57 UTC 2004

Brian Fahrlander wrote:

>    I'm having a hard time finding information on the particular kind of
>Deskpro system I got from a salvage yard. Everyone knows the type- short
>little thing, only 3" tall, built-in (laptop style) CDROM and floppy
>with the ingenious speaker on the right side so you don't really need a
>seperate set of speakers.  It's a P3/500, and has room for only one
>disk.
>
>    Sure, it's from 1999, but has anyone had any luck with it?  It's not
>a show-stopper, I'd just like to be able to have it get my attention
>when various things about it change...like disk space, hacking attempts,
>etc.
>
>    Thanks!

Can you give a bit more details of the system. I have several of the
small form factor compaqs at the office. I have been able to get sound
working on all of them.  If I recall I have been able to use the
following lines in my modules.conf to get sound working. This worked in
FC1 and FC2, I have not upgraded any of my machines to FC3 yet.

alias sound-slot-0 sb
post-install sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -L
 >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
pre-remove sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -S
 >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
options sound dmabuf=1
alias synth0 opl13
options opl3 io=0x388
options sb io=0x220 irq=5 dma=1 mpu_io=0x330

Hope it helps.

--
Wayne Leutwyler - RHCT, CNA
Linux Admin / DBA