[FC3] Sound drivers on a Compaq Deskpro?

Brian Fahrlander brian at fahrlander.net
Fri Nov 26 21:18:40 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-11-26 at 14:18, Wayne Leutwyler wrote:

> Can you give a bit more details of the system. I have several of the
> small form factor compaqs at the office. I have been able to get sound
> working on all of them.  If I recall I have been able to use the
> following lines in my modules.conf to get sound working. This worked in
> FC1 and FC2, I have not upgraded any of my machines to FC3 yet.
>
> alias sound-slot-0 sb
> post-install sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -L
>  >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
> pre-remove sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -S
>  >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
> options sound dmabuf=1
> alias synth0 opl13
> options opl3 io=0x388
> options sb io=0x220 irq=5 dma=1 mpu_io=0x330
>
> Hope it helps.

    Oh, sweet!  Maybe you can help me identify this lil' varmint, too?
I see several numbers of various forms, but nothing that suggests it's a
model/serial number...and there's a bunch of them.

    Do their numbers seem to be in any one, certain place?  I'd get ya
some pictures (and can if we need to) but right now I'm setting up a dns
server and such on it...

    Thanks!

Brian Fahrländer                  Christian, Conservative, and Technomad
Evansville, IN                                 http://www.fahrlander.net
ICQ 5119262
AIM: WheelDweller