dragging between virtual desktops - FC3 & KDE

ne... guhvies at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 22:02:03 UTC 2004

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 16:16:49 -0500, Marc Maxwell <linuxr at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> With RH up to v.9, I was running Gnome.  I decided with the Fedoras,
> that Gnome was too boggy for me and switched to KDE.
>
> One thing I missed was that in Gnome I could, by default, drag stuff
> around within and among the various virtual desktops.  I could kick
> off a browser and a shell at the same time, whatever appeared first
> could get dragged to the other desktop or what have you.
>
> My current setup does not allow for this.  For example, it will allow
> me to have multiple things open, but they all appear on the taskbar.
> They used to appear <only> within the virtual desktop (preferred) and
> not on the rest of the taskbar.  Most importantly, they are not
> currently 'draggable' from one v.d. to the other.
>
> I do not see a way to configure this, for lack of a better term,
> 'draggability' among desktops.  I am on FC3 w/KDE.  I don't see it in
> the gui config thing, or the taskbar properties, and I am wanting to
> know if anyone knows if this is even possible with this setup or do I
> need to make the switch back ?
KDE achieves this by another means. Right click on the 'title bar'
of a window and use the 'To Desktop' option. WRT to all windows
appearing in the taskbar, fire up KDE's Control Centre (kcontrol)
then Desktop -> Taskbar  and under the Taskbar group, unselect
'Show windows from all desktops'.
HTH
N.Emile...
Certified: 75% bastard, 42% of which is tard.
http://www.thespark.com/bastardtest