How to configure CUPS

VJ vj at vijaygill.homelinux.net
Sat Nov 27 01:23:17 UTC 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rahul Sundaram" <rahulsundaram at gmail.com>
To: "For users of Fedora Core releases" <fedora-list at redhat.com>
Sent: Saturday, November 27, 2004 1:05 AM
Subject: Re: How to configure CUPS

> Hi
>
>> He he he. This proves I am more than half brain dead :)
>>

> not really. pdf files as virtual print devices isnt a concept that
> should directly exposed to users as such. it would probably be a good
> idea to rethink how it can be made more intuitive. if you guys have
> any bright ideas we can file a RFE
>
> --
> Regards,
> Rahul Sundaram
>
> --

I do not see any reason to not to expose this functionality to users.
Actually this is my requirement in my company. We have to save all final
documents in PDF files before sending to clients.

I think it is better to put this functionality in, and let the
user(administrator) decide whether normal users should get this
functionality or not.

VJ