Unwritable php files with Apache under FC3

Jeremy Conlin jeremyconlin at mail.weber.edu
Sat Nov 27 02:50:58 UTC 2004

I recently installed some php scripts to share my genealogy info online,
the software package is called phpGedView.  When I go to the website for
the first time, I go to a setup screen but it says a particular file is
unwritable so I can't configure my server.  I have set all the permissions
of the associated files and their parent directories to 777 with no effect.
 A few weeks ago I installed the same set of php scripts on FC2 with no
special configuration required and everything worked great.  Is there some
change with Apache since FC2 that might make it so I can't write to a file
from a web browser?  (I hope my question makes sense.) I have asked this
question on the support forum for phpGedView and they think it is an issue
with Fedora.  Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Thanks, Jeremy