Apache 1.3.33 Problem

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Sat Nov 27 05:33:10 UTC 2004

Am Sa, den 27.11.2004 schrieb Randall Marbach um 6:04:

Please don't start new list mail topics by replying to other list mails.
Your question is now part of the discussion with topic "New to Linux"
which is from last Wednesday. Your mail contains references in the
header to that other list mail and is not necessarily to be found.

> I installed FC3 in server mode but did not select the
> option to install the web server. Instead I downloaded
>
> Apache 1.3.33 and mod_perl 1.29 and did the install as
> documented on the perl.apache.org site. I installed
> the server with the local user option.

A specific reason for that?

> My problem: Everything appeared to install correctly.
> When I bring up the brower on the server console and
> goto http://localhost:8080 (and 10.209.xxx.xxx:8080) I
> see the default welcome page as expected.
>
> However, when I goto a system on the same subnet,
> bring up a browser and  goto the same
> 12.209.xxx.xxx:8080  address, I get either get cannot
> connect errors or page cannot be displayed errors.
> There are no interesting messages in the web server
> logs.

Open the port within your firewall / iptables settings on the Apache
host.

> Randy

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.9-1.6_FC2smp
Serendipity 06:32:57 up 7 days, 1:20, load average: 0.08, 0.37, 0.59