Apache 1.3.33 Problem

Ian Fogarty ian.foggo at btinternet.com
Sat Nov 27 12:10:51 UTC 2004

>Hi All

>I installed FC3 in server mode but did not select the
>option to install the web server. Instead I downloaded

>Apache 1.3.33 and mod_perl 1.29 and did the install as
>documented on the perl.apache.org site. I installed
>the server with the local user option.

>My problem: Everything appeared to install correctly.
>When I bring up the brower on the server console and
>goto http://localhost:8080 (and 10.209.xxx.xxx:8080) I
>see the default welcome page as expected.

>However, when I goto a system on the same subnet,
>bring up a browser and  goto the same
>12.209.xxx.xxx:8080  address, I get either get cannot
>connect errors or page cannot be displayed errors.
>There are no interesting messages in the web server
>logs.

>Anybody have an idea what is wrong here?

>TIA

>Randy

Could iptables be blocking webtraffic on 8080? Try connecting to the box
using the standard port 80 and see if that makes any difference? Can you
ping or connect to other services on the box from the other machine on
the same subnet - it may be a physical problem?

If the other box on the same subnet is linux, it may be worth using nmap
to see what services are being offered
nmap <IP ADDRESS OF BOX HERE>

Ian