NVIDIA Drivers (1.0-6629) and Fedora Core 3 (2.6.9-1.667)

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Sat Nov 27 14:54:01 UTC 2004

On Sat, Nov 27, 2004 at 06:41:20AM -0800, Hardy Merrill wrote:
> Axel,
>
> I now have this in my /etc/yum.repos.d/dag.repos file:
>
> [dag]
> name=Dag APT Repository
> baseurl=http://dag.freshrpms.net/fedora/$releasever/en/$basearch/dag/
>
> http://dag.atrpms.net/fedora/$releasever/en/$basearch/dag/
>
> http://ftp.heanet.ie/pub/freshrpms/pub/dag/fedora/$releasever/en/$basearch/dag/
> enabled=0
> enabled=1
> gpgcheck=1

That's not ATrpms, that's DAG (Dag Wieers' repo). Where does the above
come from? Perhaps you also have a /etc/yum.repos.d/atrpms.repo.

> Now what yum commands do I need to execute to get yum to install the
> nvidia rpm's?  And what exact nvidia rpm's do I need?

yum install kernel-module-nvidia-graphics6629-`uname -r` nvidia-graphics6629

picks driver version 6629. There are nine driver versions available,
in case the latest does not perform as required.