[FC3] Sound drivers on a Compaq Deskpro?

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Sat Nov 27 17:36:09 UTC 2004

Brian Fahrlander wrote:

>     I'm having a hard time finding information on the particular kind of
> Deskpro system I got from a salvage yard. Everyone knows the type- short
> little thing, only 3" tall, built-in (laptop style) CDROM and floppy
> with the ingenious speaker on the right side so you don't really need a
> seperate set of speakers.  It's a P3/500, and has room for only one
> disk.

Sorry, have you managed to put Fedora on it (and are wanting to get the
sound working), or are you trying to put Fedora on it?

Will it boot from Knoppix? Tomsrtbt?

I find that Linux is one of the best ways to find out what is really in
a computer. That and lspci: you'd know where to start with the output
from that.

James.

--
E-mail address: james | "!" sez I.  And "?".  After a few speechless seconds
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | I come out with "%^&*".  Unless I come up with