lmsensors & hddtemp stopped working under FC3

Andrew Konosky TerranAce007 at comcast.net
Sat Nov 27 18:03:54 UTC 2004

Marvin Dickens wrote:

>On Sat, 2004-11-27 at 10:11 -0600, Andrew Konosky wrote:
>

>>I ran sensors detect as root and let it create the config files. I added
>>the modprobe lines for i2c-isa and i2c-viapro in /etc/rc.local just like
>>I did in FC2, but when I run /usr/bin/sensors -s or type the sensors
>>command, it says no sensors found...
>>
>>How do I get this working under FC3?
>>

>What brand and model of MB do you have?
>

>Best regards
>

>Marvin Dickens

I have a Gigabyte GA-7DX motherboard. Under FC2, lmsensors detected both
a via686a module and an i2c-viapro, which are two different modules for
the same sensor. I had trouble in the beginning because they cannot be
used at the same time because of bus access conflicts or something. I
had set FC2 to use the i2c module because it detects the cpu temp & fan
while the via686a module detects case & system temp with mobo fan speed
instead. I can load either module and get different readings, but I
prefer the readings from the i2c module. In FC3 however, when I modprobe
either module I still get the no sensors detected message and get no
readings at all.