ipod on FC3

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Sat Nov 27 18:08:34 UTC 2004

Once upon a time Friday 26 November 2004 12:40 pm, Juan Gabriel Florez wrote:
> Hello, I have triyed for several months to use my ipod (gen4 40GB)
> with FC2 and now FC3 wothout any success, but recently I forn this
> post
> http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?s=&threadid=213012&p
>erpage=15&pagenumber=3 in which they give a tip for recompiling the kernel
> without the EFI partition option, I tryed it and it wotks, but after doing
> that some other stuff in FC3 stoped working so I had to stop using my EFI
> disabled compiled kernel. Is there a way to disable EFI patition
> without recompiling the kernel, or does anyone have and rpm for a
> kernel compiled without EFI that works?

Well i just got a 40gb click wheel ipod i plugged it into firewire and hot lug
recognised it and add to fstab a mount point /media/iPod   gtkpod works great
mounts and unmounts on open close.   after using my firewire card the first
time  it stopped working  but thats another issue.  but it works in exactly
the same way using usb.  I have not changed my filesystem from HFS+

as a side note i plugged my ipod into a mac at work and iTunes deleted all the
music i had put on via gtkpod

Dennis