Ati Drivers FC2 2.6.9

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sat Nov 27 21:50:37 UTC 2004

On Saturday 27 November 2004 14:35, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>Am Samstag, den 27.11.2004, 19:06 +0100 schrieb Marc Burgs:
>> Did anybody get the ati drivers working?
>> I followed the instruction from:
>> http://www.fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2028&page=1
>> made a symlink from xorg.conf to XF86Config-4
>> but it does not work :
>>
>> glxinfo | grep direct
>> direct rendering: No
>> OpenGL renderer string: Mesa GLX Indirect
>
>Current version for the FC2 up2date Kernel is in testing at
>rpm.livna.org
>
>Instructions:
>http://www.fedorafaq.org/fc2/#radeon

Ok, neat I thought. There's even instructions to install it to
the new kernel before you reboot. This command for instance:
yum install kernel-module-fglrx-`(rpm -q --queryformat="%{version}-%{release}\n" kernel | tail -n 1)`

Unforch, it seems to be looking for what would be a very old
kernel version, as in 2.6.5 according to this return from the above
command line:
Cannot find a package matching kernel-module-fglrx-2.6.5-1.358

The kernel currently running is 2.6.10-ec2-mm3-VO-31.9, one of Ingo's
realtime patches.

So, I just sent rpm off to -e that kernel as I haven't
ran it more than a few hours total since upgrading to FC2.

Mmm, then it switches to reporting 2.6.8-1.521, which
cannot be removed according to a long list of dependencies,
many of which are also ancent kernel packages.  Must be time
to run an rpm --rebuilddb.

Is there a way to force rpm to install this packages kernel modules
in /lib/modules/`uname -r`?

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)