FC3 Kernel / Some sort of error!

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Sun Nov 28 00:19:55 UTC 2004

Si Jones wrote:
> Don't know if this is any use to anyone, but the system froze, except
> gkrellm which was updating it but not able to move or respond, I had to
> press the reset button because it was not allowing anything at all.
>
> So the info is attached in case it will help solve a bug... if not a
> will put it down to me doing something stupid....

<snip>

> Nov 27 19:30:05 apple kernel: Modules linked in: nvidia(U)

You've got Nvidia drivers loaded. There's nothing we can do to help.
Report it to Nvidia.

A quick Google suggests the procedure is
> If you have any questions or problems, please check the linux
> discussion forum
> <http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=14>. If
> you don't find an answer to your question there, you can send email
> (in English) to linux-bugs at nvidia.com.

(for example, from
http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux_display_ia32_1.0-6106.html ).

Alternatively, do you really want 3D support? I find the Fedora nv
driver works perfectly well for 2D.

James.

--
E-mail address: james | The sendmail configuration file is one of those
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | files that looks like someone beat their head on