Nvidia, Intel, and clout

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Sun Nov 28 02:28:03 UTC 2004

On Sunday 28 November 2004 03:11, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Hi
>
> > http://news.com.com/Intel+more+active+in+desktop+Linux/2100-7344_3-546522
> >5.html
>
> as someone from India I can tell you that it wont make any big
> differences. People here depend on local support. If their friends
> dont know the product they wont use it. Whether they can get support
> from Intel is not their concern.

I think you're quite wrong there. The kinds of help your friends can offer are
"How to read email." How to browse the website." "How to configure my
network,"

The kinds of support Intel can offer includes drivers for its wireless kit,
its chipsets that suppoert Pentium IV and RMT64 processors, Linux-friendly
tools for updating firmware.

As your more technica friends discover these things "just work," they will
advise you that "Intel products are good."

--
Cheers
John