cups: printer disable

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 28 06:45:40 UTC 2004

Dario Lesca wrote:

>Il mer, 2004-11-17 alle 16:53, akonstam at trinity.edu ha scritto:
>

>>I realize this may be a language problem but I for one do not understand
>>your question. Could you restate it?
>>

>Yes, i can restart printer, (/usr/bin/enable lp1) but I don't want that
>CUPS put the printer disable when a user send a job to a tuned off
>printer.

This is a desired action by CUPS.  You don't want to send print jobs
into the 'ether'.  If the printer is disabled because it is turned off,
you can re-enable it after the printer is turned on.  It could be
possible to turn back on the printer in CUPS through a script, but I
have not done so and I use the web interface to restart the printer.

James McKenzie