midi on FC3

RoboticGolem roboticgolem at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 16:30:48 UTC 2004

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 23:23:08 +0100, Michael Schwendt
<fedora at wir-sind-cool.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 15:29:03 -0500, Juan Gabriel Florez wrote:
>
> > Hello, how can I play and edit midi files on FC3, I used to compose
> > musing under windows using some midi editing software but I haven been
> > able to even play my midis on FC3
>
> Linux MIDI: a Brief History, Part 1
> http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/7773
>
> Linux MIDI: A Brief Survey, Part 2
> http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/7912
>
> --
> Fedora Core release 3 (Heidelberg) - Linux 2.6.9-1.681_FC3
> loadavg: 0.00 0.08 0.16
>

> --

timidity plays them alright.  playmidi and xplaymidi work too.  I
prefer playmidi and xplaymidi cause I have a serial midi device that
supports 48channels, however, I havent found a program that will edit
them other than cheesetracker, but if your using midi I imagine you
want something more along the lines of cakewalk or noteworthy.

http://www.reduz.com.ar/cheesetronic/

Good luck.  I'll look around some more I guess...  for now I use
protracker in windows for all my editing needs.  =/

-Matt

p.s.  if you have an external midi device -e -D 0 on playmidi and
xplaymidi will get you there.