Acrobat Reader plugin on FC3

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Sun Nov 28 18:44:57 UTC 2004

On Sun, Nov 28, 2004 at 05:51:17PM +0000, WipeOut wrote:
> >Personally, I hate the acrobat plugin. I have no need to have other apps
> >running inside my browser window -- just send me the PDF, and I'll look at
> >it in the appropriate application.
> Thats really doing things the hard way.. So many sites use PDF's now for
> brochures and docs and various other things that to have it just open in
> the browser really makes it simple and quick..

Except for the part where the browser becomes unreactive while this foreign
viewer is trying to load its data (maybe crashing the whole thing). I think
it's simpler and quicker to have the dedicated application come up.

Anyway, my point isn't really to argue over this preference, but to explain
why it's nice to have the plugin separate -- it makes it an option.