FC3 : My IBM USB Wireless Keyboard stay inactive for a few minutes

Claude Petrini cpetrini at wanadoo.fr
Sun Nov 28 20:15:09 UTC 2004

I have a problem with Fedora Core 3 and an IBM USB Rapid Access Wireless
Keyboard (combi mouse and keyboard).

After I installed FC3, when I am at the Gnome login prompt, I cannot
entre my userId and my password because my keyboard and my mouse are
inactive.  If I wait a few minutes (3 or 4), my keyboard and my mouse
become again active. After login, in Gnome no problem with the keyboard
and the mouse.

I did not have this problem with this keyboard and this mouse in Fedora
Core 2.

In dmesg I have several lines  like this :
usb 6-2.2: control timeout on ep0in