Linux + Cups is great!!!

VJ vj at vijaygill.homelinux.net
Sun Nov 28 21:06:20 UTC 2004

Hi,

    I downloaded and studied the code of cups-pdf and it made me learn
something about cups. I wrote my own filter which at present does nothing
but copies the postscript file to a particular directory. That too in just
about 60 lines of code!!! All that took about 20 minutes :-)
    I am planning to writ my own version of cups-pdf which can do following
1)    Put pdf file in a particular directory or in user's home directory.
2)    Send pdf file to the user who printed that file as a mail attachment.

This is a good learning experience. I like open-source.

VJ