FC3: Fedora updates

antonio montagnani anto.montagnani at virgilio.it
Sun Nov 28 23:22:24 UTC 2004

Markku Kolkka ha scritto/wrote il giorno/on 29/11/2004 00:12:

>antonio montagnani kirjoitti viestissään (lähetysaika sunnuntai,
>28. marraskuuta 2004 23:08):
>

>>A question connected to /var/spool/up2date that contains a
>>huge list of *.hdr files. (about 6000 in my case).
>>what is the policy about these files, i.e. which files can be
>>deleted safely???
>>

>If up2date isn't currently running, you can safely delete
>everything in /var/spool/up2date. The next run of up2date will
>take longer as the files get reloaded.

Maybe a stupid question: when you say that up2date isn't currently
running means that I have not started it by the red icon on my panel???
And a more serious question: why so many files are in my directory (that
contains updates from FC1 through FC2 and FC3)?? no automatic deletion
of older headers??

tnx for help

--

 Antonio M.

 Working with  Mozilla Thunderbird 0.9 on Redhat Linux Fedora Core 3