working yum.repos.d files

Ben Anderson benanderson.us at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 02:11:44 UTC 2004

new to fedora/yum/rpm
could someone send or point me to somewhere where I can get working
copies of yum configuration files including fedora.us and
rpm.livna.org for fc3?  So far I've guessed that these are the other 2
repos I want.  Seems like there's some controversy, but these are the
most common?

Hopefully this will solve my problems, but I'll explain anyways.  I
added these 2 repos correctly, I think, but am getting this error now:

http://mirrors.usc.edu/pub/linux/fedora/fedora/fedora/3/i386/RPMS.os/repodata/repomd.xml:
[Errno 4] IOError: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
Trying other mirror.

I removed my fedora-us.repo file, but I still get the same.  Are these
files cached somehow?  I checked the actual repo and that file doesn't
exist.  Is there some other problem?

THanks,
Ben