FC3: Gnome, Applications Menu, panel properties not modifiable

A1tmblwd at netscape.net A1tmblwd at netscape.net
Mon Nov 29 02:34:28 UTC 2004

I installed the Mozilla Web Browser but didn't find a launcher entry
in the Gnome Desktop when I clicked on Applications --> Internet.  So
I did some searching, located the file
/usr/share/applications/mozilla.desktop and changed the parameter
"NoDisplay=true" to "NoDisplay=false".  That fixed the problem with
Mozilla not appearing in the menu. I noticed, after making the change,
that the controls in all of the panels within the Applications Menu are
disabled. For example, when I right-click on "Firefox Web Browser" and
select Properties the controls in the Basic and Advanced tabs of the
Launcher Properties box are all greyed-out/disabled.  All of the
launchers in the Applications Menu are similarly effected. With FC2
Firefox and Mozilla were both visible in the Internet folder and I was
able to change icons, descriptions, etc.  What changed in FC3 and what
do I need to change to get this feature back?

Thanks,