linux iso image checksum error

Dave Stevens geek at uniserve.com
Mon Nov 29 04:18:29 UTC 2004

Message: 14
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 11:12:12 +0800
From: Edward <edward at tripled.iinet.net.au>
Subject: Re: linux iso image checksum error
To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list at redhat.com>

Gheorghita Pop wrote:

> Hye!
> I have a problem installing Fedora 3, I created the first CD using nero
> with 4x speed, I also checked CD for errors using CDCheck utility. All
> seems to be OK but I steel get on CD boot the following message:
> isolinux image checksum error, sorry
> Boot failed: press a key to retry.
> I dont Know what is the problem, this could be a problem with nero?
> Can somebody help me?

Run MD5Sum on the ISO image to see whether it downloaded correctly.

Regards,
Ed.

I've downloaded and burned FC3-disc2 three times and burned two CDs. All three
downloads (from two different sites, Red Hat for one) generate the same MD5 sum
in k3b and the checksum agrees with the one posted. Nonetheless the FC3
installer media check claims there is a problem with the discs, "bad checksum."

Any idea why? Burning coasters gets old fast...

Dave

--

"It is well understood that nothing so excites the glands of a free-market
capitalist as the offer of a government subsidy" - Wendell Berry, in Another