xorg.conf nx7000 dual head problem

Korpelainen, Seppo Seppo.Korpelainen at tellabs.com
Mon Nov 29 06:41:22 UTC 2004

Update:
>This configuration is working ok for me otherwise, but
>for some unknown reason I can't use mode 5 as the default
>runlevel in the /etc/inittab anymore. The boot process will 'hang'
>in the end of the rc5.d scripts and never opens the gdm screen.
>
>If I set the runlevel at 3, login in text mode and
>use "startx" to start X everything works ok.

I removed the "rhgb" option from the /etc/grub.conf and
now I can use runlevel 5 in inittab.

The same evidence is available here:
http://www.fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=27513&page=2

I lost some eye candy during the boot, but I prefer the text mode
anyways.

-- seppo

information contained in this message may be privileged   and confidential
and protected from disclosure.  If the   reader of this message is not the
intended recipient, or an   employee or agent responsible for delivering
this message to   the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
reproduction, dissemination or distribution of this   communication is
strictly prohibited. If you have received   this communication in error,
please notify us immediately by   replying to the message and deleting it
from your computer.    Thank you.  Tellabs