Fedora Extras is extra

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Mon Nov 29 05:01:04 UTC 2004

On Monday 29 November 2004 06:24, William M. Quarles wrote:
> Well, Fedora is hypothetically cutting and bleeding edge, but quite
> frankly a lot of the packages that show up in it are out of date.  The
> need for these maintainers to supply updated packages just points more
> strongly at the fact that Fedora is running behind on some packages, and
> updates are necessary for other software to be useful with it.

My interpretation of the wiki is that If a package is old, and the existing
maintainer is uninterested or unable to upgrade then you an do it yourself
and offer the results to the archive.

If that doesn't suit you you could try recording a "RFE" bug report against
the package.

The idea of the community is that if something doesn't suit you, you can work
to improve it.

--
Cheers
John