gnome / simple theme / changing the colors on menus

David L Norris dave at webaugur.com
Tue Nov 30 06:31:48 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-11-29 at 18:04 -0700, Scott wrote:
> > I have looked and looked.  I can find how to change the background
> > color and the panel color ...but not this option.

Panel color is changed by opening any color picker in any (GNOME or KDE)
program, selecting a color, and dragging the color swatch onto the
panel.  (This works for almost anything, anywhere with selectable
colors.)  You can set an image by dragging an image to the panel.  While
dragging the mouse cursor will have a + next to it when you're over
something willing to accept the color/image.

You can also right-click an empty spot on a panel and select properties
menu item and then background tab.

> That's one simple feature that KDE has which is sorely lacking in
> GNOME.  If it's there, I've yet to find it.  One probably has to tweak a
> config file someplace.....

GNOME Configurator will override theme colors:
  http://dag.wieers.com/packages/cog/cog-0.7.1-2.1.fc3.rf.i386.rpm

Once installed it will be in Applications menu -> System Settings ->
GNOME Configurator

--
 David Norris
  http://www.webaugur.com/dave/