Automount & FC2

J v6vitanic at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Nov 30 15:06:44 UTC 2004

Hi All,

I'm currently playing with FC2, having moved away from Mandrake.

One thing I am struggling with... Automount isnt on by default..

Ie, when I insert a CD ROM, I have to open the user mount tool, and mount it manually before I can access it.

Whilst the system is booting up, I get "Automount - No Mount Points Defined". How can I get to turn automount on?

Also, another problem, I am trying to install extra packages using the add software wizard.... I mount the CD, and can access it with Konqueror as /mnt/cdrom, but the software installation wizard asks for the relevant CD, I click ok, and it tells me it wasnt found..... when in reality, it IS accessible by other means!

Any Ideas?

I'm not a Linux guru!

Thanks,

James Hill