Fedora Extras is extra

Mike Ramirez mike at thexxxhost.com
Tue Nov 30 18:08:00 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-11-30 at 09:51, William M. Quarles wrote:

> And the repositories don't all compete with each other.  That's only how
> Fedora Extras sees it, because THEY are the newcomers trying to compete
> with all of the other repositories.  A lot of the non-Fedora-Extras
> repositories are interoperable now because the individual maintainers
> have been working together on that. That has been emphasized several
> times already on and off of this thread.  I think that it was either
> Axel or Dag that said that the repository world has been broken down now
> into only two camps, not 4, not 3, only two: Fedora.us, and non-Fedora.us.

To get this right for interoperability with all repos and end this war
is for fedora.us to play nice with others?  Which as I understand it
from reading this thread is being stopped by "(very) few black sheep"
(to quote Axel).  Now I have to ask, Why can't you?  Whats preventing
you?  It seems that Everyone but you guys can't come to an agreement on
the whole process.  Explain to us (atleast me) what makes your way
better than all the other repos?

--
Mike Ramirez <mike at thexxxhost.com>