Fedora Extras is extra

Mike Ramirez mike at thexxxhost.com
Tue Nov 30 23:21:17 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-11-30 at 14:05, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-11-30 at 10:20 -0800, Mike Ramirez wrote:
> > On Tue, 2004-11-30 at 10:10, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > .  Explain to us (atleast me) what makes your way
> > >

> > > look. the whole discussion has turned non productive. Fedora extras is
> > > said to be announced in a short while.. after that has been created
> > > there will be a fresh oppurtunity to start from scratch till then
> > > please drop this bickering
> > >
> > I have heard dags side from dag himself, the technical answer.
> I haven't heard such thing from Dag. I saw Dag and me talking past each
> other, and I saw Axel, Michael and Dag agitating.

It wasn't on a list but ICQ.  I don't think you would see such a thing.
If Dag allows I can find the logs.

> > I haven't heard from fedora.us on why its process is better,
> Fedora.US isn't any better or worse than Dag, Axel or Freshrpms.
>
> It is one party amongst them and many others more. It's your choice to
> use the repository you prefer and feel comfortable with.
>
> Fedora.Extras shall be run by RH and will primarily be derived from
> packages now being part of Fedora.US and other repositories.

My only goal is to get a solution so everyone involved is happy and know
one feels bad or hurt or anything esle.  Then we can past this bickering
or if not please then drop the bickering from public view it doesn't
look good IMO.
--
Mike Ramirez <mike at thexxxhost.com>