Apache and multiple Virtual Hosts best practices

Eric Wagar eric at deadhookers.org
Fri Nov 19 14:31:43 UTC 2004

I have an Apache web server with a few virtual hosts.  The ftp is handled by
proftpd, and I have multiple users defined.  These users have their own uid
and gid.  The problem comes when Apache is uid apache and need to write to
the said directory.

I am wondering what other people have done to deal with this.  Do people just
set all the ftp users uid/gid to the same as the Apache uid/gid on the
system?  Obviously this would be an ok solution because apache uid/gid !=
root.

What are the other ways you guys have dealth with this?

Thanks
eric