FC2 2.6.5-1.358 rebuild

wcbeasley2 at comcast.net wcbeasley2 at comcast.net
Mon Oct 4 15:19:56 UTC 2004

Here's the text:

if [ -r System.map ]; then /sbin/depmod -ae -F System.map  2.6.5-1.358custom; fi
make: *** [_modinst_post] Error 143

When I issue the dmesg, I see the following:

Out of Memory: Killed process 5876 (depmod).

I'm following the directions to the letter, why do I receive this error?

I followed the instructions in the README file and got the error. So, I bought the book Red Hat Fedora 2 Unleashed, which had the directions I put in the original email, and received the same error. Something isn't right. I have to do this to get hostap installed. There's no other way.