Strange Problem ....
Shu Hung (Koala)
koala at dg21.com
Tue Oct 5 07:34:34 UTC 2004
I have a new PCMCIA ethernet card installed on my FC2 notebook.
The notebook should be connected through a office LAN to the internet.
However, I cannot go to the internet as other Windows PC in the LAN.
My ethernet config is this:
Use DHCP: [Disable]
Static IP: 192.168.10.35
Default gateway IP: 192.168.0.1
(this is the only ethernet device on my notebook)
The strange case is this:
1) I can ping myself (192.168.10.35) - the network is up
2) I can ping gateway (192.168.0.1) - connection to gateway is OK
3) I can ping another PC on the network (192.168.0.34)
4) I can even use lynx to browse the website on 192.168.0.34's apache
5) When I ping an "outside" IP (e.g. 18.104.22.168), it returns:
connect: Network is unreachable
What is going on ?
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 3467 bytes
Desc: S/MIME Cryptographic Signature
Url : http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/users/attachments/20041005/38ec49b3/attachment-0002.bin
More information about the users