wireless

Martín Marqués martin at bugs.unl.edu.ar
Tue Oct 5 13:30:07 UTC 2004

El Mar 05 Oct 2004 10:19, Scot L. Harris escribió:
> On Tue, 2004-10-05 at 01:12, Eric Tanguy wrote:
> > my 80211g device seems to not be supported by linux-wlan project but it
> > seems to be a prisma2 from connexant (see in the .inf file using driver
> > from connexant) is there a possibility to make it supported by
> > linux-wlan ?
> > Thanks
> > Eric
>
> You probably want to take a look at the prism54 driver.  Been using that
> with a D-link DWL-G650 for some time.
>
> http://prism54.org
>
> You might also check the DAG repository, I saw something that indicated
> he may have an RPM for this driver.  I installed it based on the
> instructions at the prims54 web site.

I would prefer to use the Atheros driver for 3 good reasons:

1) It's open source
2) It comes for FC1 and FC2 as part of atrpms (http://atrpms.net) so you can
download with apt or yum.
3) It works! :-D

Check http://atrpms.net/dist/fc2/madwifi/

--
 10:25:01 up 23 days, 43 min,  3 users,  load average: 0.51, 0.44, 0.50
Martín Marqués        | select 'mmarques' || '@' || 'unl.edu.ar'