Strange Problem ....

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Wed Oct 6 02:12:27 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-10-05 at 21:57, Shu Hung (Koala) wrote:

> Very strange ... It seems it just work out itself ....
> After traceroute, I can ping outside IP now ... by doing nothing else
>
> The only thing I did is just started the machine.
> But I restarted the system serval times yesterday
> and didn't made things work like today

Could the router have had the mac address of another system that
previously had the IP address you are using now?

Have seen it take a fairly long time for the arp cache on some routers
to expire at times.  In the past I have had to manually clear them to
get things working.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

HTTPD Error 4004 : very old Intel cpu - insufficient processing power