firefox insists on evolution, not kmail

Colin J Thomson colin at g6avk.demon.co.uk
Wed Oct 6 08:48:54 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 06 Oct 2004 01:24, Trevor Smith wrote:
> On October 5, 2004 8:11 pm, Colin J Thomson wrote:
> > OK, those Docs are for the early releases of FF before all the changes
> > with the Extension manager.
> > In FF Select Tools > Extensions and right click on Mozex from the
> > list..
>
> And that's the other weird thing:
>
> Tools->Extensions lists only one extension, DOM Inspector 1.0.
>
> I followed the mozex install instructions and like I said, the mozex
> right-click menu is there, but ...
>
> Why must it all be like pulling teeth for me? boo hoo, whine, whine, poor
> me...

Well, I really cant say.. I have never seen this before.
FYI I use :
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7.3) Gecko/20041005
Firefox/0.10.1 built in my Home DIR. I have *never* used the RPM.

In the early versions of FF (like you have) there was some problems with
importing settings/extensions and themes, net result was to delete or
rename your .firefox in your HOME DIR and start over.

FYI In the latest version of FF this DIR is now called firefox and resides
in the .mozilla in your HOME DIR but these problems have long gone :)

HTH

Colin
--
Fedora Core 2, Custom Built Kernel 2.6.8.1
KDE-Redhat-3.3.0-5.0.2.kde