Removing some screensavers?

david walcroft david_walcroft at yahoo.com.au
Fri Oct 8 02:28:26 UTC 2004

Søren Neigaard wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-10-06 at 01:14, Richard E Miles wrote:
>
>>>Is it possible to remove some of the screensavers, so the random
>>>screensaver only shows the ones i like? And how is this done?
>>>
>>>Best regards
>>>S__ren
>>
>>You can select the screensavers you want to run by running:
>>xscreensaver-demo
>

> Yes and also, the screensavers run much smoother in xscreensaver-demo :)
>
> So two more questions...
>
> Is it enough to just disable the other screensaver by unchecking the
> checkbox in the "Configure Desktop" "Screen Saver" menu?
>
> And how do I get the xscreensaver "server" to start when KDE starts?
>
> Best regards
> Søren

I use this to start xscreensaver in KDE:

in ($HOME).kde/Autostart do vi 'xscreensaver.desktop'

in it place -

[Desktop Entry]
Exec=xscreensaver
Name=Xscreensaver
Type=Application
X-KDE-StartupNotify=false

then save and it will start,I use Autostart for apps that need to start
after the desktop activates.

        david