AT&T Global Network Client Help

Derek Rupe derekspublicaddy at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 12 17:40:13 UTC 2004

I have a fresh install of FC2 on my IBM X20
Now im a newb with linux, so I having some troubles

I have downloaded the client from
ftp://ftp.attglobal.net/pub/client/linux/static/setup

I have checked the pre-req's, and I think I meet them all.

When I run the file from a term I get a list of errors.  First is:
csplit:  xx00: Permission denied
QTextBrowser: no mimesource for //licence.html

I get the license agreement window, but no text.
I click 'I agree" anyways
And I get another window to choose to install
I hit install and get more errors:

chmod:  cannot access '/opt/attdial': no such file or directory
chmod:  cannot access '/opt/attdial/*': no such file or directory
csplit:  xx00: Permission denied
tar: xx01: cannot open: no such file or directory
tar: error is not recoverable: exiting now
cp: cannot stat: '/opt/attdial/install/*.html': no such file or directory
cp: cannot stat: '/opt/attdial/install/*.png': no such file or directory
cp: cannot stat: '/opt/attdial/install/*.txt': no such file or directory
cp: cannot stat: '/opt/attdial/install/phone3.dat': no such file or
directory
cp: cannot stat: '/opt/attdial/install/country3.dat': no such file or
directory

I have changed the permissions to 777 for the file, so I am not sure what
the problem is.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Derek