Sendmail Question

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Tue Oct 12 19:28:02 UTC 2004

Am Di, den 12.10.2004 schrieb Uttiya Chowdhury um 21:19:

> > > Change /usr/lib/sasl2/Sendmail.conf to contain
> > something like:
> > >
> > > pwcheck_method: auxprop
> > > mech_list: PLAIN LOGIN CRAM-MD5 DIGEST-MD5
> > > log_level: 3
> > > auxprop_plugin: sasldb
> >
> > Additional information: really necessary is only the
> > first line, which
> > changes the pwcheck_method from saslauthd to auxprop
> > which uses by
> > default the sasldb plugin.
> >
> > Alexander
>
> That worked. Thanks!
>
> Curiously though, imtest or testsaslauthd still says
> authentication failure. I am stuck at the next hurdle
> now... after login, squirrelmail says:
>
> Query: CREATE "INBOX.Sent"
> Reason Given: Permission denied

Setup Cyrus-IMAPd properly.

> Apparently, the mailbox folders are not created
> correctly. I looked around, but couldn't find any
> clear guideline as to where these should be.

The Cyrus-IMAPd website has.

> Also, the cyrus imapd howto at
>   http://en.tldp.org/HOWTO/Cyrus-IMAP.html
> tells about a number of directories that are needed
> (in /var/adm and /var/imap) which do not exist.

The Cyrus-IMAPd directories _are_ created when the damon rpm is
installed. See /etc/imapd.conf.

> Any help?

Why do you "hijack" a thread about Sendmail with one about a total
different topic - here Cyrus-IMAPd + SquirrelMail setup?

> (I noted the mail about this not being for fedora test
> release, but I think these aspects are really
> independent of which fedora I am using).

> উত্তীয় চৌধুরী Uttiya Chowdhury

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) kernel 2.6.8-1.521smp
Serendipity 21:24:43 up 12 days, 23:50, load average: 1.22, 1.49, 1.46