Keeping FC up to date with RHEL packages?

thomas.cameron at camerontech.com thomas.cameron at camerontech.com
Thu Oct 14 18:44:16 UTC 2004

All -

I know that RHEL 3 is basically the "enterprise" version of Red Hat Linux
9.  I know that FC1 was basically what Red Hat Linux 10 would've been had
Red Hat not made the changes they made.

So here's my question...  Is it possible to keep, say FC1 up to date using
RHEL packages?  I mean grabbing the .src.rpm from a mirror and compiling
it?

When RHEL 4 comes out it looks like it will be the "enterprise" version of
FC2.  So does anyone want to venture a guess as to whether FC2 could be
kept up to date with RHEL 4 packages?

Obviously there would be no commercial support, and I can see a bunch of
reasons this would not be a good idea, but I'm just curious.

Thomas