problems with later added DDS-2 tape-unit

Angelo Machils angelus at sangreal.demon.nl
Wed Oct 20 19:20:38 UTC 2004

fedora-list-request at redhat.com wrote:

>Hello there!
>>
>> I have added a DDS-2 tape-unit on an already installed FC2 system
>> (running 2.6.6-1.435 kernel). Although the st mod shows up in lsmod, the
>> tape-unit sometimes just 'disappeares' when I try to use it, with for
>> example tar.
>

>Is there any chance it is a hardware issue?

Nope, I doubt that very much. Because it has worked. It's a HP unit on a
Adaptec 2940 UW controler, so I don't see a problem there either. I use
a DLT on FC2 on the same type controler at home on one box, and two
DDS-3 on also the same controler (also FC2) on another box. But these
were already in the machine when I installed FC2.

Thanks for any help, Angelo