OSX Apps and FC2

D. D. Brierton darren at dzr-web.com
Mon Oct 25 15:58:42 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-10-25 at 16:41, cq hoff wrote:
> I think I already know the answer, but wanted to ask
> just to make sure...
>
> Is it possible to load applications for OSX natively
> on to a system running Fedora?

No.

> I need to use Macromedia Studio and don't really want
> to use an emulator like VMWare.  I've been spending so
> much time using Studio that if I have to use an
> emulator, I might as well just use the OS being
> emulated.

If you are talking about Fedora Core on i386 (i.e. on PC hardware) then
I don't even know of an emulator for PPC (i.e. Mac) hardware. If there
was such a thing I imagine it would be very slow. If you mean Fedora
Core on PPC then apparently this is *very* fast, although I admit I've
never used it myself:

http://www.maconlinux.org/

I believe that Yellow Dog Linux (which is basically FC ported to PPC)
come with Mac-on-Linux as standard.

Best, Darren