software for slide show / presentation question

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Tue Oct 26 00:18:12 UTC 2004

Ragnar Wiencke wrote:
> I need an application to set up a slide show of some pictures (jpg,
> bmp files) on some machines. I guess there is a bunch of application
> for that job but I do not know any at the time. So please, give me a
> hint where to start. I use Gnome on the machines that are supposed to
> run this show.

http://lwn.net/Articles/101846/

Part of LWN's "Grumpy Editor" series reviewing presentation programs.
The reviews are excellent, but the comments even more so: you can get a
really good feel for what's out there and what works well.

Hope this helps,

James.

--
E-mail address: james |    "Just for once, I wish we would encounter an
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets..."